Unitron Hearing Aids
Founding: In 1964, Fred Stork, Rolf Strothmann, and Rolf Dohmer in Newfoundland, Canada
Technology Roots: Originally working with electronics as owners of a television and radio sales and service business, Universal Technologies, they saw a market opportunity with hearing aids as a natural extension of their expertise with other electronics and built their first hearing aids with various electronic components.
- During the 1960s through to the mid-1980s—the analog years—Unitron became a leader in power BTEs for people with severe to profound hearing losses.
- In the 1990s, Unitron provided user-friendly, intuitive fitting software advancements that made fittings more streamlined and helped improve first-fit acceptance.
- In 2000, Unitron joined the Phonak Group, which later merged into the Sonova Group.
- Unison, Unitron’s first digital hearing aid, went public in 2002.
Other Brand Names in the Sonova Group: Phonak, AudioNova, Sennheiser (under license), and Advanced Bionics
Manufacturer’s Warranty: The Flex program allows new hearing aid wearers to try out their properly calibrated hearing aids before they buy them. Comes with a warranty that’s good for up to three years.
Most Recent Innovations: Vivante, creating Canada’s first hearing aid manufacturer
Since its founding, the focus of the company has included products and features that benefit the people who use them, such as power BTEs for individuals with a severe to profound hearing loss from the 1960s through the mid-1980s and then on delivering programmable, user-friendly devices linked to intuitive fitting software in the 1990s.
Unitron introduced Unison at the beginning of the digital revolution, and the company continues to develop signature solutions for speech preservation and intelligibility, including their award-winning AntiShock, SmartFocus, and SpeechZone 2 technologies.
Unitron maintains a large network of providers, moving them up the leaderboard in the hearing aid manufacturing industry.
Schedule A Hearing Assessment
"*" indicates required fields
Canada’s first hearing aid manufacturer developed into an industry leader with a large network of distribution partners in 20 international offices and 70 countries worldwide.
Signature features to specifically address speech preservation and intelligibility include Unitron’s award-winning AntiShock™, SmartFocus™, and most recently SpeechZone technologies within their SoundCore and Vivante processing engines.
With these technologies and others, Unitron hearing aid users have access to optimized speech understanding and localization from various directions, SoundNav monitoring that adjusts your hearing aids’ settings to different sound environments as you move about, and the capacity to focus on front-facing speech sounds in noisy conditions.
Additional Key Features:
- Bluetooth compatibility helps with noise reduction, speech enhancement, feedback management, wind noise control, speech locators, and tinnitus maskers.
- Programmable sound enhancements are available.
- Connect with smartphones and other digital devices by using Insight technology.
- Log It All assists hearing care professionals to review your hearing environments to optimize hearing aid settings.
- The antishock feature smooths out loud, jarring noises to prevent you from being startled by sudden noises.
- The Automatic Adaptation Manager provides you with a gradual transition into higher levels of amplification when you’re new to your hearing aids.
- The Binaural Phone streams phone audio into both ears wirelessly.
- The Remote Plus app gives you access to your hearing care provider for tech support, troubleshooting, and programming adjustments from any location with an internet connection.
- Unitron’s one of a kind Flex program allows you to try your hearing aids before you buy them.
Patient-Focused Hearing Aid Repair by Hearing & Balance Clinics
If you have hearing challenges, Unitron hearing aids are among the advanced technology solutions that can help you hear better and improve your quality of life.
Hearing & Balance Clinics recognizes the value of all prescription hearing aids to the individuals who use them, so you can count on troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair support for Unitron hearing aids as well as those from Widex, Phonak, ReSound, and more.
The ongoing, trusted, and personalized care you have available to you at our hearing care clinics throughout Northeast Georgia allows you to get the very best performance from your hearing aids so you can continue to reap their benefits for years to come.
If you or someone you know is struggling with their hearing or needing help from one of our hearing aid specialists, then use the adjacent form to contact the Watkinsville, Loganville, or Lavonia clinic nearest you.
Request A Callback
If you are concerned about your hearing or a loved ones hearing, it can be a combination of daunting and overwhelming to understand what to do, who to visit and what advice to trust.
That’s why our hearing care experts are here to help.
Simply complete this form and you’ll receive a callback from a friendly member of our team to answer your questions, offer professional guidance and help demystify the process to allow you to gain the help that you need.
Remember, there’s no such thing as a silly question!
"*" indicates required fields