Starkey Hearing Aids
Founding: William Austin in 1970
Technology Roots: Austin, a hearing aid repair expert, purchased Starkey Labs earmold company and began manufacturing hearing aids.
- In 1973, their first ITE hearing aid came with an industry first 90-day trial period and a 1-year “Worry Free” warranty.
- In 1983, sales doubled when Ronald Reagan started wearing its hearing aids.
- In 1989, Starkey purchased Omni Hearing Systems and Nu-Ear Electronics.
- In 1993, the industry’s first CIC hearing aid was introduced.
- Their first digital hearing aids were manufactured in 1999.
- In 2010, the first IIC hearing aid, SoundLens, was developed.
- In 2014, Halo hearing aids, which could stream to iPhone devices, were introduced.
- In 2018, the world’s first hearing aid to use artificial intelligence was unveiled.
Other Brand Names: Audibel
Manufacturer’s Warranty: Up to 3 years
Most Recent Innovations: Genesis AI
Schedule A Hearing Assessment
"*" indicates required fields
Processing Technology and Features
Starkey took off, thanks to aggressive marketing to an elite clientele that included five US presidents, two popes, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, and other notable world leaders, and the company has developed into the leader of AI sound processing innovation in the 21st century.
Starkey hearing aids conduct an AI-based analysis of your acoustic environment as you move around and then make immediate adjustments to improve speech intelligibility.
Their AI breakthrough was linked to the company’s commitment to iPhone connectivity and led to the development of advanced features that track and share physical activity, cognitive health, language translation, fall detection, and alerts based on data gathered by your hearing aids.
Additional Key Features:
- Physical activity tracking
- Social engagement tracking
- Fall detection
- Medication reminders
- TV streamer
- Remote microphone
- Connectivity between hearing aids, digital accessories, and select smartphones for an enhanced listening experience
- Device customization settings, volume, and custom hearing profiles by using tap-control
- Standard battery or rechargeable models available
- Thrive Care app for ongoing counseling and support from your hearing care provider and other healthcare providers via your hearing device and smartphone
Patient-Focused Hearing Aid Repair by Hearing & Balance Clinics
If you have hearing challenges, Starkey hearing aids are among the advanced technology solutions that can help you hear better and improve your quality of life.
Hearing & Balance Clinics recognizes the value of all prescription hearing aids to the individuals who use them, so you can count on troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair support for Starkey hearing aids as well as those from Unitron, Widex, Phonak, and more.
The ongoing, trusted, and personalized care you have available to you at our hearing care clinics throughout Northeast Georgia allows you to get the very best performance from your hearing aids so you can continue to reap their benefits for years to come.
If you or someone you know is struggling with their hearing or needing help from one of our hearing aid specialists, then use the adjacent form to contact the Watkinsville, Loganville, or Lavonia clinic nearest you.
Request A Callback
If you are concerned about your hearing or a loved ones hearing, it can be a combination of daunting and overwhelming to understand what to do, who to visit and what advice to trust.
That’s why our hearing care experts are here to help.
Simply complete this form and you’ll receive a callback from a friendly member of our team to answer your questions, offer professional guidance and help demystify the process to allow you to gain the help that you need.
Remember, there’s no such thing as a silly question!
"*" indicates required fields