Phonak Hearing Aids
Founding: AG für Elektroakustik, 1947 in Switzerland
Technology Roots: Innovations of AG für Elektroakustik
- The Phonak Alpina (first portable hearing aid) was introduced in 1950.
- Ernst Rihs became the majority shareholder in 1965 and renamed the company Phonak AG.
- In 1999, the Phonak Claro (the first digital hearing aid of the Group) was released.
- In 2007, Phonak Holding AG was renamed to Sonova Holding AG.
- In 2008, Lyric extended wear hearing aids were given FDA approval.
- In 2011, Phonak introduced Neptune by Advanced Bionics, the world’s first waterproof, swimmable sound processor for cochlear implant recipients.
- In 2016, the Phonak Audéo B-R, the company’s first mainstream lithium-ion rechargeable hearing aid, was launched.
Other Brand Names in Sonova Holding Group: Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics, AudioNova, and Sennheiser.
Manufacturer’s Warranty: Up to 3 years
Most Recent Innovations: AutoSense OS with artificial intelligence-based machine learning to accurately identify a sound environment and adjust your listening profile
Schedule A Hearing Assessment
"*" indicates required fields
Processing Technology and Features
Using the Processing Real-Time Intelligent Sound Management (PRISM) chip, Phonak hearing aids offer double the memory and more connectivity possibilities while using low power consumption.
Phonak offers 30 models of hearing aids and 20 wireless accessories for hearing aids in order to cover all types and severity of hearing loss. The company was the first to offer universal Bluetooth compatibility and extended wear Lyric hearing aids.
Binaural VoiceStream Technology™ helps improve hearing in noisy environments, reduces wind noise, and enhances phone conversations.
The company’s ultra-low power motion tri-axial accelerometer supports ease-of-use and hearing performance features such as Directionality & Noise Reduction, SoundRecover2, and Speech Enhancer with lower battery consumption.
Additional Key Features
- Motion sensor hearing adjusts the microphones to focus on the direction of speech.
- The tap control allows the user to tap the hearing aid to answer their phone, play or pause media, and access voice features.
- Connect up to eight Bluetooth devices and use two devices at the same time.
- Experience dynamic noise cancellation.
- The speech enhancer improves hearing soft, conversational speech in quiet environments.
- AirStream technology connects to your TV or stereo system.
- The Phonak PartnerMic™ is a lapel-worn microphone to optimize one-to-one conversations in noise.
- The myPhonak app provides remote hearing aid adjustment and support from your hearing health professional.
Patient-Focused Hearing Aid Repair by Hearing & Balance Clinics
If you have hearing challenges, Phonak hearing aids are among the advanced technology solutions that can help you hear better and improve your quality of life.
Hearing & Balance Clinics recognizes the value of all prescription hearing aids to the individuals who use them, so you can count on troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair support for Phonak hearing aids as well as those from ReSound, Rexton, Siemens, and more.
The ongoing, trusted, and personalized care you have available to you at our hearing care clinics throughout Northeast Georgia allows you to get the very best performance from your hearing aids so you can continue to reap their benefits for years to come.
If you or someone you know is struggling with their hearing or needing help from one of our hearing aid specialists, then use the adjacent form to contact the Watkinsville, Loganville, or Lavonia clinic nearest you.
Request A Callback
If you are concerned about your hearing or a loved ones hearing, it can be a combination of daunting and overwhelming to understand what to do, who to visit and what advice to trust.
That’s why our hearing care experts are here to help.
Simply complete this form and you’ll receive a callback from a friendly member of our team to answer your questions, offer professional guidance and help demystify the process to allow you to gain the help that you need.
Remember, there’s no such thing as a silly question!
"*" indicates required fields