Oticon Hearing Aids
1904, in Denmark by Hans Demant as Acousticon
The first hearing aid imported from General Acoustic Co. was the electric Acousticon hearing device in 1910.
- In 1946, Charles Lehman joined with Oticon’s founders to create the American-Danish Oticon Corporation.
- They were the leading producer of hearing aids after World War II.
- By 1965, they had become a global company.
- In 1977, Oticon released their first ultra-discreet in-the-ear (ITE) hearing device.
- Their first digital device became available in 1996.
- They introduced an advanced digital technology device with enhanced sound sensitivity along with streaming and connectivity in 2007.
Other Brand Names: Bernafon, Sonic, and Phillips
Manufacturer’s Warranty: 1 year
Most Recent Innovations: Brain Hearing
Schedule A Hearing Assessment
"*" indicates required fields
Processing Technology and Features
Rather than just amplifying sound, the Brain Hearing concept is Oticon’s approach to designing and building technology capable of supporting how the brain processes sound and speech to derive meaning.
Used in the company’s OPN technology platform, the concept makes it possible for device wearers to distinguish between multiple speakers within a noisy environment while enjoying more natural sound and voice clarity.
Applying micro-digital and nano-digital technology innovations, Oticon hearing aids are increasingly smaller, lighter, and more discreet without sacrificing instrument performance.
Additional Key Features:
- Rechargeable options come with a lithium-ion battery that holds a full day’s charge from a three hour charge.
- Certain iPhones and iPads can benefit from two-way hands-free communication.
- Tinnitus SoundSupport integrates sound therapy support to help mitigate tinnitus symptoms.
- Genie fitting and counseling tool allows for wearer support from any remote location with an internet connection.
Patient-Focused Hearing Care at Hearing & Balance Clinics
Oticon hearing aids are among the advanced technology hearing solutions available to you from Hearing & Balance Clinics.
However, no matter how advanced the technology, nothing can replace you as the primary focus of the hearing care we provide.
Your personalized journey to better hearing starts with a comprehensive hearing assessment that’s able to pinpoint your unique hearing challenges so we can help you choose the best hearing aid solution, such as Oticon REAL, Oticon Xceed, or Oticon Zircon to address your needs and preferences.
The ongoing, trusted, and personalized care you have available to you at our hearing care clinics throughout Northeast Georgia allows you to get the very best performance from your hearing aids so you can continue to reap their benefits for years to come.
If you or someone you know is struggling with their hearing or needing help from one of our hearing aid specialists, then use the adjacent form to contact the Watkinsville, Loganville, or Lavonia clinic nearest you.
Request A Callback
If you are concerned about your hearing or a loved ones hearing, it can be a combination of daunting and overwhelming to understand what to do, who to visit and what advice to trust.
That’s why our hearing care experts are here to help.
Simply complete this form and you’ll receive a callback from a friendly member of our team to answer your questions, offer professional guidance and help demystify the process to allow you to gain the help that you need.
Remember, there’s no such thing as a silly question!
"*" indicates required fields