Ahead of Your Appointment
How to Find Us and Where to Go
- 12877 Jones Street Suite B, Lavonia, GA 30553
- (706) 356-0377
- Our office in Lavonia is situated in the front of the building. Once you walk in the door, our suite is on the right, right across from the Georgia Center for Sight. You'll be greeted by Melissa from the waiting room.
- 123 Lee Byrd Rd, Loganville, GA 30052
- (678) 580-3313
- Our Loganville location is at the Walton Place Business Complex. You'll find parking right in front of the building, and our office is at the back of the complex. Once inside, our Patient Care Coordinator or one of our receptionists will greet you.
- 1580 Mars Hill Rd Ste B, Watkinsville, GA 30677
- (706) 549-3111
- Our Watkinsville office is at the Windridge Business Park. Once you enter Windridge, make a right turn. Our clinic is the second building on the right, the middle unit. Our Patient Care Coordinator will be there to welcome you.
Answers to Common Questions about Hearing Loss
Can I bring someone with me to the appointment?
How long does an appointment typically last?
Does my health insurance cover a hearing test?
What's the typical investment for hearing aids?
How long do hearing aids last?
Although it naturally depends on how well they’re cared for, hearing aids tend to last four to seven years before beginning to show signs of decline.
With that said, some patients have technology that is 10+ years old and still going strong. Expecting to invest in new technology every five years is a realistic expectation.
What Happens at a Hearing Test?
Open Discussion: Begin by discussing any concerns about your hearing. This could range from difficulties in understanding conversations in noisy environments to trouble hearing at church, school, or community gatherings or even to experiencing tinnitus (ringing, buzzing, crackling sounds in the ears).
Emotional impacts, like feeling embarrassed or avoiding social situations due to hearing issues, should also be shared.
- Bring a Communication Partner: We recommend bringing someone you frequently communicate with, such as a partner, family member, or close friend. They might offer valuable insights into your communication challenges.
- Initial Greeting & Checks: Upon your arrival, the audiologist will introduce themself and explain the tests they'll conduct. They'll inspect your ears for any blockages, like earwax, which might interfere with the testing.
- History Intake: The audiologist will gather a brief history of your hearing health, such as past hearing tests, when you first noticed hearing difficulties, any past ear infections or surgeries, and whether there's a family history of hearing loss.
- The Hearing Evaluation: Tests include:
- Ear Drum Movement: An assessment of how sound travels through your ear.
- Cochlear Health: Chirping sounds will be played to gauge the health of your cochlea, the hearing organ.
- Sound Booth Testing: While wearing headphones or ear inserts (similar to foam earplugs), you'll respond to a range of tones. This evaluates your hearing threshold and will be done for both ears, unless indicated otherwise.
- Post-Evaluation Counseling: After the tests, the audiologist will discuss the results, which will be captured in an audiogram. If further tests are required based on the initial results, these will be discussed as well.
We value kindness and patience during the appointment process.
Your commitment to improving your hearing health makes the journey smoother and more fruitful.
A lighthearted and positive attitude always adds a spark to our day.
If you feel the above three values represent who you are, then we may just be the perfect match.
Alternatively, if you read the above and discover that it’s not the right relationship to progress with, then there are no hard feelings if you decide that we’re not the right fit for each other.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to call us. We’re excited to meet you and assist with your hearing and balance needs.
Request A Callback
Before your appointment, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at the office you will be attending.
You can also fill out the adjacent form with any questions you still have about your appointment, or if you need to reschedule for any reason, and we will contact you as soon as we can.
"*" indicates required fields